Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quod Inferno in Wyoming Ego Agendo?

The Drifter is in town.

Cheyenne, Wyoming to be precise as to which town. My name is Chuck Abraham. I am a broadcast television operator working in Cheyenne, but originally am from the south suburbs of Chicago nestled in the northwest corner of Indiana. I just spent the last thirteen years in the Indianapolis area, so Cheyenne is, to say the least, different.

While in Indiana, I was writing guest editorials for my diocesan paper, The Catholic Moment. Holy Mother Church certainly is a topic that is near and dear to my heart, that's for sure. I love the Traditional Latin Mass and was a founding board member of Una Voce Carmel. I hope to help bring the Traditional Latin Mass here to Cheyenne, but having a bishop first probably would be a good idea. Bishop Ricken was transferred to the Diocese of Green Bay shortly before we got here.

If you're asking yourself why I don't just find an independent chapel or whatnot, I have a simple answer: Staying within the authority of the Church is critical if you want to make the Traditional Latin Mass more available. I know, I know...not all bishops are going to be open to the idea, or if they do, some of them make it damn near impossible to make it worthwhile. There are ways to get it done, though, and as time goes on, I'm going to write about what I know that has worked.

One downfall I've seen with many traditionalist sites and blogs, though, is that they refuse to talk about ANYTHING else except liturgy, dogma, and doctrine. These things are all extremely important, but not being a one-trick pony (or a three-trick pony in this case), I'm not going to limit this blog at that. There are enough other issues to talk about that are critically important in the Church today that I think get ignored too many times by traditionalists.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

In Christ Through Mary,
Chuck, MI

2 comments:

MemoriaDei said...

http://walktheroadtoemmaus.blogspot.com/ Hey, Chuck...my blog. Oh it's so hard to do ! lol

Looking good, Chucksters, Mr. Highplains Papist!

MemoriaDei said...

I put your blog on mine and when I click on it, it comes up that you aren't here. I have no smarts for blogs, I guess.